[gpm]Problem with "-R" option

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:02:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 moali@sbox.tugraz.at wrote:

> Unfortunately it is treated as a ordinary PS2 device by X. During my
> attempts to make the touchpad-features (scrolling and so on) available
> in X I tried out the -R option of gpm.

What kernel version do you use?

I usually start gpm like this:

gpm -t synps2 -m /dev/psaux -Rimps2

Note that it is _not_ "-R imps2" (added a space).

Could I get you to edit synaptics.c so it says #define DEBUG, recompile,
and send me the result?

> Is there a possibility of making the touchpad-features available
> within X with the help of gpm?

Yes by doing what you are doing.

> Is there a program available to test the "touchpad-features" provided
> by gpm?

Well, does the courser moves in the consol?

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen