[gpm]Must I use a getty to run GPM correctly ?

VINCENTCédric c-vinc02@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Aug 15 17:17:37 CEST 2003

Hi everybody !

I'm working on a Linux distro for the DreamCast, and I've got a little problem
with GPM...
I use busybox-0.60.1 and linux-dreamcast-2.4.10-pre6 (and only theses
softwares) to do tests...

I launch GPM, the cursor appears and follow the mouse mouvements. *But* when I
tried to make a selection and to paste it, all the screen up to the pointer
became highlighted and all buttons pasted this 'crazy' selection... !?

I also tried to connect a client :
"mev: Can't open mouse connection"

I traced the execution, and this error comes from this test :
"if (strcmp(tty,vcname, strlen(vcname) ) || !isdigit( tty[strlen(vcname) ] ))"
in liblow.c at lines 249/248

Must I use a getty (not an alone console) ???

Thanks, Cédric