[gpm]Re: [elinks-users] Re: gpm in Elinks

DervishD raul@pleyades.net
Tue Jun 10 13:26:18 CEST 2003

    Hi David :)

 * Davilín <david@pleyades.net> dixit:

> > hopefully the latest CVS doesn't contain the bug. The ChangeLog appears to be
> > out-of-date, so I have no idea, and I did no further research about which
> > versions precisely contain it.
> It seems the bug is in all recent versions, 1.20.0 and 1.20.1. Also
> i've tried several 1.19 versions, both in source formats and
> distribution packages.

    You have tried many gpm versions, but, have you tried another
mouse? Last time I used gpm (time ago, must confess), my Logitech
trackball didn't worked well with the USB interface but worked with
the PS/2, the Wacom Graphire didn't work at all and one of two plain
compatible mice didn't worked as expected (all of the thouroughly
tested with different gpm drivers - well, types - and tested too
under X). Sometimes mice claim to be of certain type but it is not
entirely true. If I were you I would test with some standard USB
mouse, using the event interface with GPM, or better, a PS2 mouse.

    If you want, I have plenty of mice to test with ;))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736