[gpm] flaky movement and buttons when using both stick and touchpad (ultranav)

Erik Bågfors erik@bagfors.nu
Mon Nov 24 13:12:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I have the same computer but don't get the same problems as you are
having.  I tried gpm from cvs and the only problem I'm getting is that
when I use the stick (and it's buttons) sometimes gpm thinks I've
released the button even when I haven't.  If I just keeps pressing it,
it thinks I've pressed it again.

The other problems I don't have.  I run gpm as a repeater as well (but
don't use the -3 and -p arguments since I don't know them)

The options I have currently are
1) Disable the touchpad in the bios. This gives you all three mouse
buttons on the stick
2) Live with 2 buttons only and have both the stick and touchpad work
but without the cool synaptics behavior (scroll and so on)
3) Live with the brokenness described above, this means I can't use the
stick at all basically.

I'd love to get this to work.  Anything I can do to help the developers
find this???

/Erik