[gpm] Bug in mice.c

Julien TIERNY julien.tierny@wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 16 11:24:12 CET 2004

Hi there!

	don't wanna bother anyone but I couldn't find any bugzilla where to submit my
issue.

	I email you because I often get GPM driving mad as follows:
		* I'm logging into a virtual console after switching from X
		* I'm using the mouse in this virtual console.
		* I switch to another virtual console
		* I move the mouse and the cursor gets crazy

	Here is the message I catched:
	"
	*** err [mice.c(1883)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed setup, continuing...
	*** err [mice.c(1883)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed setup, continuing...
	"

	The work around I use is to restart the GPM related init script.

	Here is my config:
		* I use a USB wireless mouse that I plug to the psaux port with an adaptator
delivered by the constructor (Logitech).
		* I configured GPM (version 1.20.1) with the IntelliMousePS2 support (imps2)
		* I use frame buffer for my console display (linux kernel 2.4.22)
		* At last, I use XFree86 4.3.0

	Hope my remarks will be helpful.

	If you need some more info, feel free to ask me.

	Bon courage, Julien