[gpm] Moving selection from kernel-space to userspace.

Rojer Smith oanson@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 20:42:45 CEST 2004

Hi.

At about Febuary 2002, there was a thread in the list (URL:
http://lists.linux.it/pipermail/gpm/2002-February/000218.html ) talking about
moving the GPM Selection from kernel space to user-space, so that userland
programmes could interact with it.
Since then, however, I have saw little of it on the net. On the IRC channel
(irc.freenode.net , #gpm ) i am told that this never became active.

I was wondering what was happening with this development. I would have helped
(and even wrote it myself) but I lack the technical knowledge to do so. Could
someone then, please, chip me in on the plans of this?

Thanks.
Rojer Smith.