[gpm] new source distribution

Nico Schottelius nico-gpm@schottelius.org
Wed May 12 19:54:33 CEST 2004

Dear list,

after days of testing version control systems
(like cvs, svn, gnu arch and monotone...) I decided to move
gpm's source tree to monotone.

Why?

Monotone is still quiet simple and powerfull. gnu arch aka tla
is much to complicated to use, although it also has some advantages.

With monotone we can have distributed, signed development. With this features
I think we can have faster patch integration and faster development.

Have a look at

http://www.venge.net/monotone/docs/index.html

howto use it, it's really simple. (I'll add hints to gpm's doc, too).

Expect the latest changes I got to be available at latest at the weekend.

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
pgp: 8D0E E27A          | Nico Schottelius