[gpm] Wheel mouse and kterm suggestions

Mr E_T troll@arach.net.au
Wed Feb 16 05:55:32 CET 2005

I have noticed that only the y wheel generates an event.

I would suggest that the wheels generate events -
GPM_W1_UP
GPM_W1_DOWN
GPM_W2_UP
GPM_W2_DOWN

instead of (or as well as to stop breakages)
 GPM_B_UP
 GPM_B_DOWN

also if AC_CANONICAL_HOST is added to configure.ac then gpm will cross compile for uClibc
It works well and uClibc is perfect for rescue and small systems.

I would also like to know where to send a patch for consideration.
I have modified the xterm-mouse-for-console patch for the gpm-snapshot-2005-02-14
release.

I have found it useful - especially for console apps such as rescue disks.

It now inludes support for wheel mouse reporting. and seems to work well.

--
regs MR E_T