[gpm] gpm: unknown option "type=synaptics" for pointer "evdev"

Rodrigo Forlin forlin@gmail.com
Tue May 15 23:57:29 CEST 2007

Hello all,

    I have a tsharc touchscreen device, and i want to make it work under
 console. I have i valid xorg config (although it needs calibration) here:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse1"
	Driver      "evdev"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto-dev"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/event3"
EndSection

So my device works with evdev driver (don't know the diferences between
X and gpm evdev drivers) and the device is event3.

I tried
	gpm - m /dev/input/event3 -t evdev
and got it running but anywhere i touch in the screen i can only see the
cursor in the center, click and drag selects the line, but the cursor
does not move.

I also tried

	gpm - m /dev/input/event3 -t evdev -o type=synaptics or
	gpm - m /dev/input/event3 -t evdev -o type=absolute

but it shows me the "Unknown option" message.

Any clue how i can get this working ?

Gentoo machine
kernel 2.6.21
gpm 1.20.1