[gpm] x2gpm

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Thu Sep 27 03:19:17 CEST 2007

Bill McConnaughey <mcconnau@biochem.wustl.edu> writes:

> I'm not sure whether I am doing
> whatever one has to do in the X session in order to create a selection
> that can then be pasted into the text session.

Drag the mouse over some text in an xterm should be enough.

> And will control-right-button work on
> my machine, or is there some other manipulation I should try?

That's the only one supposed to be captured.  Occasionally I've had
trouble with the first press (without knowing why yet), but after that
it should be ok.

> Because of rpm dependencies (which turned out to be circular) I
> installed libXau-devel, libXdmcp-devel, xorg-X11-proto-devel, libX11-devel
> and mesa-libGL-devel.  What is actually needed here?

I'd guess libX11-devel, but whichever one's got libX11 in it.

> I'm eager to get this working.

Messages go to the syslog (/var/log/syslog) normally, or if you run with
--verbose then they're printed to the terminal too.  If
control-right-button pastes the ordinary gpm/kernel selection then it
probably means x2gpm isn't running at all.