[gpm] Failed gpm connect attempt by uid XXXX

Nico Schottelius nico-gpm@schottelius.org
Tue Feb 12 16:01:42 CET 2008

Well, it looks like another small problem in current gpm...

The problem is that I screwed up current gpm in git and
I do not have much time currently.

But as their seem to be more people around there using
gpm und its patches I am gonna publish a 1.20.1-bugfix release,
which only includes bugfixes.

But the bugfix you describe is already included in
1.20.1.

Anyway. for those who still have open patches or want to see patches in gpm-1:

I opened a new git-branch named 1.20.1-bugfix:

http://unix.schottelius.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpm;a=summary

I will accept patches / diffs against this branch until
about summer of 2008 and then release a bugfix release.

Patches should be:

- short
- incremental if bigger
- apply against the current state of git in the bugfix branch
   (recheck before posting)
- do not break compilation of git
- posted to this list

I will try to update gpm in git about once every 1-2 weeks.

Sincerly,

Nico

p.s.:

> I would like to know what the "official" answer to this issue is from
> someone who actively works on gpm.

the patch you referenced is already included in 1.20.1, must be
something else.
--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C