[gpm] really excited about gpm, looking for examples

Nico Schottelius nico-gpm@schottelius.org
Mon Nov 17 16:05:31 CET 2014

Hey Patrick,

a very warm welcome to the world of bitmasks and mouse drivers.

In the last years there has not been much activity around gpm (probably
because people don't even know what consoles are anymore...), but I hope
you enjoy it nonetheless.

Cheers,

Nico

p.s.: You can use gpm-root as a starting point.

Patrick [Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 09:59:18PM -0400]:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I have download the source but I couldn't find examples in the tarball.
> Could anyone share C API examples you might have kicking around ?
>
> So it doesn't look like gpm is software that people are getting really
> excited about but I am !
>
> It's previous use as a sort of partner to ncurses that will allow for mouse
> equipped TUI may not be generating a whole lot of excitement on the desktop
> but what about all of these new single board computers like BeagleBone and
> Raspberry PI !
>
> With some touch screen displays providing mouse input without mice there is
> potential for new hardware to capitalize on it and being able to run without
> X would have large savings on some devices.
>
> I don't understand the codebase yet but I would like to add support for rows
> and columns beyond 231 along the way.
>
> I have a prototype assisted speech application written. I would like to
> improve it and I would like to be able to run it without X.
>
> Anyhow.... my name is Patrick and I may be your new gpm fanboy !

New PGP key: 659B 0D91 E86E 7E24 FD15  69D0 C729 21A1 293F 2D24