Help

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Mon Apr 5 16:56:51 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:02:09PM +0200, Stanley Kardach wrote:
> Can anyone help me get my 256MB cf card formated without buying cf
> reader??
Solution #1: compile fdisk and mkfs.minix
	as options of your bootimage's busybox.
Solution #2: install and use mke2fs from an NFS partition
	(assuming you have a network card or get PPP to work).
Solution #3: make a bigger bootimage that includes mke2fs.

> Fare said it is possible but i have no idea
> about crosscompiling kernel and making ramdisks
Basically, checkout CVS, make, make menuconfig and make in busybox,
rm busybox, build again.

> so is there a HOWTO for moron like me? ^_^

> This is what i have done till today:
> I have tried to use fdisk, but i also needed mke2fs to format
> partitions. I tryied to use one from debian-zaurus package from fae's
> ftp...but whetn i try to run it i get such a message: "/bin/sh:
> (location of mke2fs)/mke2fs: file not found"

> I tried to copy mke2fs to /bin or /sbin but it didn't work.
Presumably, it depends on a lot of dynamic link libraries:
	ldd /sbin/mke2fs

A word for the epoch of free software and universal publishing:
voluntocracy n 1. governance by those who do the work. 2. the volunteers
who do the work. -- Aubrey Jaffer, http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/