Flash cards

H.Brunsting tisme@tiscali.nl
Sat Apr 17 04:41:29 CEST 2004

As far as I know there's no limit to the size of a CF card, regarding the 820.
I know for sure 128MB works, but I have no reason to believe a 512 or more
card wouldn't work. I've hooked up a 5GB PCMCIA drive to the PCMCIA slot and
it worked fine. I assume the CF reader is on the same bus, thus having the
same constraints as the PCMCIA slot. Just remember it has to be type 1 to fit
in the CF slot, so a microdrive will probably not fit (although I've heard of
people squeezing it in anyway, getting it out is a different story). Of
course you can always put type II cards into the PCMCIA slot using a card
caddy.
Most (all?) solid-state CF memory cards should fit into the slot no problem,
and be fully usable, so get out there and get the biggest one you can find!