CF Card /proc/bus/pccard/??/status info

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 22 09:48:49 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 04:53 am, you wrote:
> k_state  : vs_3v vs_Xv
> status   : SS_BATDEAD SS_BATWARN SS_3VCARD SS_XVCARD

The socket has both voltage flags ON. And for some (not clear to me)
reason the BATDEAD and BATWARN.

> Vcc      : 0

But in reality no voltage is applied.

> The error is:
> cs: socket c0057800 timed out during reset.  Try
> increasing setup_delay.

Yes. It is hard to reset the socket which is not powered up.

> The 820 booted up linux to the point the
> cardmgr started.  Then the screen went blank and seems
> locked up.

Something gone wrong with the /etc/init.d/pcmcia and /etc/default/pcmcia.
As i have written before, compile the latest CVS kernel. Then the voltage
problems will go away. We still need to resolve the remaining ones,
though they are not so substantial as the 3.3/5V problem was.

 Oleg.