ramdisk and devfs.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Apr 29 05:11:22 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 06:05:37PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>  i am impressed by all this shell script wizardry :)
The only trick is to consider the shello as a (mostly braindead) programming
languages trying to make sense out of the ascii strings that unix subsystems
use to report status and issue commands. Kind of a braindead lisp dialect
with flat ascii strings (including baroque constraints) instead of
nice regular recursive lists and structures.

> One small question though.
>   devfs is a dead horse. What problems should we expect
>   after the switch to udev ?
We'll probably have to add some autodetection early in the script,
and then it's almost the same, isn't it?

God gave me brains so that I use it, and appreciate his work with the eyes
of a critic and a connoisseur; not so that I behave like a fool, and
believe the twaddles of the first come prophets and priests.
		-- Faré