j820 issues

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Wed Aug 11 00:21:58 CEST 2004

Hum. Latest news on the j820 front:

* I could not reproduce Matan's success with USB in 2.4.
 Matan sent me his source, but I can't figure out a significant difference.
 TODO: try to use 2.4.26-vrs1 instead of 2.4.19-handhelds.org (?)

* I tried to install debian unstable, but it runs out of memory while
 installing libc6.

* I could not succeed in using swap over nbd with Linux 2.4.
 I've been told to try an older version of nbd-server and nbd-client

* TODO: try running ARM binaries on the x86 host, thanks to qemu...
 This could be used to install debian and other programs...

* TODO: try Matan's latest USB patch for 2.6 -- though it still doesn't work,
 it's the best start we have.

If anyone on the list wants to tackle any of these issues...

Evolution competitively selects stable cooperative patterns.