Wed Aug 11 00:21:58 CEST 2004
Hum. Latest news on the j820 front:
* I could not reproduce Matan's success with USB in 2.4.
Matan sent me his source, but I can't figure out a significant difference.
TODO: try to use 2.4.26-vrs1 instead of 2.4.19-handhelds.org (?)
* I tried to install debian unstable, but it runs out of memory while
* I could not succeed in using swap over nbd with Linux 2.4.
I've been told to try an older version of nbd-server and nbd-client
* TODO: try running ARM binaries on the x86 host, thanks to qemu...
This could be used to install debian and other programs...
* TODO: try Matan's latest USB patch for 2.6 -- though it still doesn't work,
it's the best start we have.
If anyone on the list wants to tackle any of these issues...
[ François-René ÐVB Rideau | Reflection&Cybernethics | http://fare.tunes.org ]
[ TUNES project for a Free Reflective Computing System | http://tunes.org ]
Evolution competitively selects stable cooperative patterns.
More information about the Jornada820