1100 DMA channels

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Feb 14 15:18:29 CET 2004

 > The dedicated display mode will support whatever resolution
> that fits in the framebuffer.

Well, you should not exceed 80 MHz pixclock. We will probably
need the entries in /etc/fb.modes for standard VESA modes
supported by wince (and given in the SA1101 manual).
These settings can be verified through /proc/sa1101/*
(i have not done it). Hasjim, are you interested in writing this
driver ?

> I'm not sure if it's possible to use DMA for the USB host controller.

 I think the answer is no, and it is actually not used in wince.
 USB uses MBREQ/MBGNT.

> If you think PCMCIA/CF is trashing DDAR2, try removing the PCMCIA support
> from the kernel and recompiling...

I will try to change the keyboard driver, which disables MCP.
This is obviously wrong.
SA1100 manual says PCMCIA can't use DMA, but there _are_
memory handling bugs somewhere in the driver, try inserting and
taking out the CF card when ne2000 card is in operation...

> I assume your register monitoring
> driver are/will be in the ramdisk?

Yes. The ramdisk compiled by George has some free space,
which can be used for adding kernel drivers you need
(and what i am actually doing).

 Oleg.