TODO list.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Fri Feb 20 18:10:14 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:28:08PM +0100, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>> I added 256MB of swap. It's dog slow, but it works.
> That's what i call microsoft-style bloatware !
> Ten years ago it was possible to install
> and run linux on 100MB disk with X/fvwm/mosaic on
> standard 256K vga hardware and 4MB RAM.
> Even latex with fonts was there...
> Exactly the same configuration with 16MB swap,
> but slower i386 cpu.

Yes, I know. But unless you want to spend a lot of time trimming
recent packages from unnecessary files, and current code from unnecessary
cases, or backporting newly important cases and bug fixes (particularly
security related) to old code, you must just deal with the bloat.

More interesting would be to achieve what the CodaFS promised, namely
a way to cache locally all the files needed to survive while having
remotely everything that could ever be needed, accessible
when you're connected.

You tell me what you mean by God, and I'll tell you whether I believe
in him or not!		-- E. O. James