A clean kernel patch

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Feb 21 14:49:42 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 02:26:40PM +0100, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>> (2) Any volunteer to setup CVS and write suitable scripts?
>>  If yes, suggestions below. If no, I'll do it but then send me your patches.
> Do it!
OK. Please all kernel hackers send me
all your 820-specific files in a private .tar.bz2.
Here are the ones I've tagged; tell me and send me if there are more.

arch/arm/boot/j820/init.S
arch/arm/boot/j820/j820.lds
arch/arm/boot/j820/Makefile
arch/arm/boot/Makefile
arch/arm/config.in
arch/arm/def-configs/jornada820
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/jornada820.c
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/Makefile
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/sa1101.c
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/ssp.c
arch/arm/Makefile
arch/arm/mm/init.c
Documentation/arm/Jornada820
drivers/char/j820_keyb.c
drivers/char/Makefile
drivers/misc/ucb1x00-audio.c
drivers/mtd/maps/sa1100-flash.c
drivers/pcmcia/Makefile
drivers/pcmcia/sa1100_generic.c
drivers/pcmcia/sa1100.h
drivers/pcmcia/sa1100_jornada820.c
drivers/video/sa1100fb.c
include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/hardware.h
include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/irqs.h
include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/jornada820.h
include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/keyboard.h
include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/SA-1101.h
include/asm-arm/hardware/ssp.h

Anyone familiar with portage or some such system to manage patches?

>> (3) Should we use kernel 2.6 instead?
> No. Not right now. I have looked at 2.6 source. A lot of things will break.
OK. Let's get a clean common working 2.4 kernel first, then.
Is there a more recent 2.4 than one in handhelds.org CVS?

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
account be allowed to do the job.