Some question

Stanley Kardach kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Thu Jul 15 23:33:03 CEST 2004

While ago vacation started so it's a time to test j820.
1) I've roughly installed linux on CF by using Fare's kernel that automounts
root fs on cf and zaurus-debian-big...i don't remember version. After some
modyfications it works well under console, but if i'm correct that there is a
way to run X on j820, isn't it? I've tried Xfbdev and when i run it it can't
find /dev/tty0 (i use vc/1 and vc/2 for consoles). Now i'll try Xvnc but i
need some instalation stuff to do (it needs icewm).Xvnc server seems to run
but it stays in console because i don't have icewm installed. if you run ps
you can see it runnung and after memory usage inspection you can definitely
say that it runs...in some way. Any suggestions what do i need to run X?

2)I've read somewhere (i think that in one of Oleg's messages) that he uses
zaurus initrd for base system. How does he use it? i've downloaded
initrd.binfrom zaurus c700 and i can't mount it with "-o loop" because linux
doesn't recognize fs type...so which initrd do i need, hod do i use it and
with which kernel...i think this would be good for making some kind of FAQ
for n00bs like me ^_^

Stanley Kardach