beginner's question about status

Matan Ziv-Av matan@arava.co.il
Tue Jun 22 19:29:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

I saw in the archive discussions of support for the sa1101
(specifically, USB and VGA), but the code in CVS
(cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jornada820) appears to have nothing
of this.

I tried to add the support, but:

VGA - the driver initializes the video hardware, the monitor indeed
   recognizes the correct mode (which means that the sync signals are
   OK), but the display remains black.
USB - (probably interrupt problem) the controlled is recognised, and
   detects device inserting and removing, but it does not manage to
   assign the address:

usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 1 port detected
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb-ohci.c: unlink URB timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb-ohci.c: unlink URB timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 4

Before I start debugging those problems more seriously, is someone else
working on those devices? Is there another place to find the most recent
code for jornada820?

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org