kernel26 .config

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Jun 26 20:16:42 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 07:59:03PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>   i have tried to make a fresh download and build of the new CVS system.
Thanks.

>   2.4 build process works ok,
I'm relieved to see independent evidence
that I haven't broken 2.4 in the making.

> but 2.6 has many problems.
Yup. What I did mostly was make a copy of the files we added to 2.4
into the right places of 2.6, and a weak attempt at merging our modifications
into the files that already existed in 2.6 (most particularly Makefiles
and suches). I mostly didn't touch the code itself yet.
I did all the grunt work, none of the clever API adaptation.
See (and modify) the notes in TODO.

>   I have
>   modified the .config, so now it is clear that jornada820.c and
>   (then) sa1101.c need major cleanup. The keyboard driver
>   should be made standalone (there is no SPI keyboard support
>   for the kernel 2.6 right now). The mouse driver needs sa1101ps2.c
>   modified from sa1111ps2.c
pcmcia also seems to require a major rewrite.
Sigh.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
	-- Groucho Marx