kernel26

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Mon Jun 28 14:47:06 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I've (hopefully) fixed the build system for kernel 2.6,
and updated busybox to use CVS.

Now, and thanks to Oleg's fixes to the code, the kernel compiles correctly;
I didn't even bother trying to boot it though.
I'm just trying to make it irresistible for you
device driver hackers out there (Oleg, who else?)
to try out and fix the code while minimizing your administrative hassle.

> Thanks, i am also pressed by time, need to be at a conference
> in Paris in three weeks, etc. Don't think that i do kernel hacking
> full-time !
When is that? Maybe we can meet in Paris? I often go there at week-end...

>> pcmcia also seems to require a major rewrite.
> jornada820.c and bootup stuff first.
> Then sa1101.c and all sa1101* things behind.
The real work only begins...

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -- Naguib Mahfouz