Booting process & memory layout.

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 12 14:46:30 CET 2004

> Never tried to add 3G, but it doesn't make that much sense to me. The 0xc
> addresses are virtual ones, they have a real (and different) meaning
> as virtual addresses.

Hmm. I think the idea is to show the (pseudo)bus address.
Let's assume that the 0xc shows up as 0x0.
What will happen with the extension memory at "physical" 0xd ?
And what will happen if i will recompile the kernel with
0xd starting addresses ?
The discontinuous physical memory makes the life difficult.
How do the mips NUMA machines deal with this problem ?

 Oleg.