j820, the saga

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Mar 27 22:41:33 CET 2004

> I tried with the RAM expansion board removed and back - it works for me.
> So I enabled it by default and committed it to CVS.

Can you post your 'dmesg' and 'free' output ?

> While removing the board, I took a few pictures, too.
>        ftp://jornada:820@samaris.tunes.org/linux/fare/

 Wow! Greedy bastards from HP :) Looks like a 32MB RAM
 board without any glue logic.

> So, is anyone willing/able to make a 128MB expansion board?

Can somebody knowledgeable comment the last sentence ?

: The dynamic memory interface supports four 32-bit wide banks of fast-page or
: EDO asynchronous DRAMs. Each bank is allocated 128 Mbyte of the internal
: memory map. However, the actual size of each bank is dependent on the
: particular DRAM configuration used. If multiple banks are populated, each
: must be identical in size and configuration.

 Oleg.