PCMCIA breakage

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 2 18:43:28 CEST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 12:13 pm, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
> Dear Oleg,
>
> by restoring in sa1100_jornada820.c the voltage to its normal setting,
> I get my network card to work correctly once again.

I went against the SA1101 manual here, but i have good arguments:

1. with the old setup, the 3.3V CF cards simply don't work (ask Dave)
2. You can't insert the 3.3V-ONLY cards into the PCMCIA socket.
    Mechanically impossible. Verified. Your card should be capable
    of operating at 5V anyway.
3. I can prove that wince does the same setup as i do.
    (modified version of hpcboot)

 Oleg.

PS. The old PCMCIA voltage config forces the 5V card to operate
        at 3.3V

PPS. I don't have the dropped packets even under very heavy load.
         Please tell me if you have the same problem without the 16M RAM card
         and with old cardmgr.