help needed

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 9 00:45:31 CEST 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 12:39 am, you wrote:

> (1) busybox includes fsck.minix.

Who uses minix fs :) ?

> (2) you're welcome to produce uclibc-based fsck/mkfs for ext2.

That means a compile of e2fstools. Can you add the download of
uclibc to the ramdisk Makefile ?

>  instead of mount -o remount,rw. I'll see to that in next version.

I have compiled the latest version (yesterday), but it spews
some weird and other messages to stderr, and they are not logged.
Probably, I'll wait for the development to stabilize. Some time ago
i gave up on developing such complicated shell scripts. When they
work it's ok, but if something breaks, to debug them is a real hell.

> I'm told that jffs2 is overkill for CF and ext2 is correct.
> I'd use reiserfs or ext3 if it weren't a RAM-killer --
> maybe with a small journal???

Ok. I'll prefer ext2 with fsck. It is fast and doesn't waste the cpu and RAM.

 Oleg.