kapmd problem

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun May 9 01:41:07 CEST 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 01:03:29AM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> Ok. i have found it. My reboot scripts blow up only at
> shutting down the pcmcia.
cardmgr just segfaults when in debian -- either the debian cardmgr,
or the bootimage's cardmgr that was working well before I pivot_root'ed
-- weird.
I get an Oops, and it locks up some resource
that prevents from trying to cardmgr again.

> We _really_ need a common
> and reproducible rootfs image generation.
I'm far from that, and have little time to set it up.
Can another project member with a smaller CF take that up?

> You can't do proper shutdown if the battery shows the signs of going away.
I can't do proper shutdown at all if the machine goes down
at the first (necessary) step of telinit 0.
But I can do proper shutdown if I decide to shutdown now,
and trigger manually a telinit 0 with a fixed kapmd.
Besides, while on the move in Japan, I found that the batteries
could last the whole day long, and it was OK to recharge at night
(didn't have a microdrive then, though).

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do
anything which would be unlawful for them to do themselves.
	-- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"