release ?

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Mon May 10 22:19:06 CEST 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 02:19 am, you wrote:

> Now, can you propose something that makes my network card work?

Yes. Try to understand how the linux pcmcia code works and correct the
real bugs ;)

> (If you send me your modified hpcboot and a proper script,
> I can tell you the register values on WinCE and Linux w/ and w/o my patch).

You can monitor the PCSR register in wince with the hpcpcsr.exe file
on sf.net/oleg/

> What non-us packages did you use? ssh is in main, nowadays...

All the crypto stuff: gpg, openssl, stunnel, etc. www.debian.org redirected
me to a mirror in Germany. That's why i have always suggested the 3-step
approach: download zaurus.tar.gz file, unpack it, download the packages
in my list, deb2tgz them and install the tar.gz, download opie *.ipk files,
ar x them, install the data.tar.gz, install the patches like setting the
date, enabling the software cursor, clean /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, etc.
This can be put in rootfs/Makefile on sf.net.
Copy the tree to CF. Insert the CF into j820 and say m$ goodbye.

 Oleg.