unhh branch

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:57:07 CEST 2005

Dear jornada820 hackers,

I realized that my failure to boot with 2.4.27-vrs1 was due to my
trying to boot the wrong file. Actually, the unhh 2.4 branch will
gladly boot. Nice to have a shorter uname -a :-)

Problems so far:
* cardmgr segfaults and dies while grabbing the pcmcia lock. I'll try
to upgrade the pcmcia cs and see how it goes. Though it looks like a
problem we used to have in the past -- maybe the fix is the same. Do
you remember what was the problem then?
* much of the USB isn't appearing in the configuration menu. Some
Config.in file somewhere in 2.4.27-vrs1 is wrong and should be amended
with stuff from -hh.
* when compiling the ramdisk, you may have to manually clean the
ramdisk/lib/modules from leftovers of previous kernel compilations.

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win.
	-- Gandhi