CHOST for j820?

Tim Roberts timr@probo.com
Tue Aug 9 18:10:39 CEST 2005

Faré wrote:

>On 08/08/05, Ian Jordan <immolo@recallhosting.com> wrote:
>

>>After breaking my last device I've reordered a second
>>

>You're a masochist, aren't you? You certainly know that an old
>second-hand Toshiba or Sony subnotebook would be a more powerful and
>cheaper machine, don't you?

Maybe so, but the batteries don't last 11 hours.  I'm on the board of
several volunteer organizations that have long and detailed meetings; I
use my Jornada 820 almost exclusively for taking notes in those
meetings.  It's absolutely perfect for that.

I just wish I were not so afraid to try the Linux distribution.  If I
was confident that I could put it back into exactly the state it is now,
I'd give it a try.  I'm grateful for all of you experimenters who are
smoothing out the process!

--
Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.