Which X for the jornada?

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:51:40 CEST 2005

On 16/08/05, Roman Stanchak <rstanchak@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Faré,
>
> Thanks for your work w/ X on the j820.   However, I'm
> having trouble getting it up and running -- if you
> have some time, maybe you can help me.
I just committed to bootimage/conf my XF86Config-4 and my Xmodmap.j820k
Be sure to follow the additional instructions in XF86Config-4.

> When I startx, I get that stupid blank screen problem.
Try my XF86Config-4 for a correct monitor configuration.

> Also, I'm not really sure what to do with the xmodmap file.
See instructions in XF86Config-4. If you use startx or xinit, check
your ~/.xinitrc. If you find the right place(s) in which to put those
things in /etc/X11/ I'm sure people will be glad -- but it seems to
this depends on which or startx, xinit, xdm, kdm, gdm, etc., you use
-- and might not be possible at all with some of them.

> Thanks for your help -- I'll post the results of my
> experience on the wiki to hopefully help someone else.
Yes, please do!

> --Roman
You answered only to me and forgot to put the mailing-list in copy. I
just replied to everyone including the full text of your original
mail.

If the human mind were simple enough to understand,
we'd be too simple to understand it.
        -- Pat Bahn