Linux Distros on Jornada 820

Justin Rietz justin_rietz@yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 19:15:46 CET 2005

I apologize for my lack of knowledge - I am not a
programmer, just someone who tinkers with electronic
gadgets and occasionally linux :-)

I was reading the Jornada820 sourceforge page
http://jornada820.sourceforge.net/userland.html) and I
thought  Familiar could be used with a large enough CF
card.  Perhaps you can explain to me what CAN be done:
 web browser?  email client with SSL and IMAP (command
line is fine)?

Also, is there anyplace I can get simple instructions
on how to set up the CF card to manage a bootloader
and  a larger distribution (such as Oleg's)?  I
understand fdisk, etc., just not sure what I need to
do as far as chroot, pivot_root, etc.  Again,
remember, I am but a simple tinkerer.

And if there is anything I can do to contribute, I
would be happy to do so!

-Justin