jornada 820 news

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:59:22 CEST 2005

Dear Jornada 820 users,

I didn't hack the kernel at all, but the jornada 720 people have, and
they have merged the handhelds.org modifications with the latest 2.4
kernels:
  http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~simigern/jornada-7xx/
Maybe one of us will have time to try that with our unhh CVS branch of
the kernel?

In other news, I found for $20 + $7 S&H within the US a 16-bit wifi
PC-Card that runs out of the box on my machine with the orinoco_cs
driver. The seller had more of them, in case anyone is interested
(contact me privately). In case it helps, the card, though marketed by
Enterasys Networks, is manufactured by Cabletron, and appears to
cardctl ident as
  product info: "Cabletron", "RoamAbout 802.11 DS", "Version 01.01", ""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)

The proletarians of the 1800s in Europe et of the 1950s in Asia and Africa,
are not former wealthy people bankrupted by capitalism. We could say that
they are former deceased people who cease to die. Their existence is due to
the suppression of famines by the progress of production techniques.
	-- Jean Fourastié, Open Letter to Four Billion People