Hello all

Matan Ziv-Av matan@svgalib.org
Sun Jan 29 11:45:35 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Brandon wrote:

> I just joined the jornada 820 mailling list and thought I'd drop a note to
> let you know what I want to accomplish with my jornada and if you have any
> pointers.
>

> I want to make a monitoring station that will log  wind
> speed/temperature/direction, and also ground temperature gradients..
>
> I need it to run uninterruped in the desert running on solar power for at
> lease 1 year with no interaction from an operator..
>
> I was planning on using a usb hub to connect multiple usb to serial adapters
> for data logging..
>
> Does usb support work on linux with the jornada 820??

I wrote the USB support for the J820, and the patch was posted to this
list, so check the archive (some of the code might be in the CVS). The
code worked with kernel 2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1-hh36 but not with 2.6 kernels.
Unless I am mistaken, the last report from fare was that this code did
not work for him (even on the 2.4.19 kernel), so I don't really know if
it worked for anyone but me.

I don't recall testing any RS-232 adaptors. But it seems that the 2.4.19
does have drivers for some.

Did you check the option of CF/PCMCIA serial adaptors? I know there are
adaptors with four ports, so if 5 ports will be enough, it is probably
the easiest option.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org