jornada 820 on 2.6 kernel

Faré fare@tunes.org
Wed Jun 10 17:27:42 CEST 2009

2009/6/9 Andrey Batyiev <batyiev@gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to launch linux 2.6 on j820. In CVS there is a version for 2.6.13,
> however it doesn't compile. Could you give me some advance how make it works,
> please?

Dear Andrey,

we never got 2.6 correctly running, although one hacker once got 2.6.8
running on his machine. If you want to work on the 2.6 port, I suggest
you start from the maintained recent git tree of the jornada720 team,
and try to merge 820-specific changes into that.

My 820 is currently retired. I'll send it to any hacker with
credentials who wants to work on it for the cost of shipping.

Moderation in temper is always a virtue;
but moderation in principle is always a vice. -- Thomas Paine