LinuxLudus: "CESARE MARCHI" prima scuola italiana ad usare DebianEdu

Valerio Pachera sirio81@gmail.com
Ven 18 Gen 2008 09:31:41 CET

2008/1/18, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> Riporto pe comodità la descrizione che ho inserito (segnalatemi
> eventuali errori):

"Cesare Marchi" is an elementary school with student between 6 and 11 years old.
It's situated in hamlet of Villafranca with the funny name
"Pizzoletta". Its informatic classroom has been recently improved and
on eleven computers (Celeron 1,6Ghz 1Gb RAM) it has been installed
debian-edu R1, actualy all with a "standalone" installation becasue
the room is not wired.
The initiative of using GNU/Linux came from two brave teachers that
asked help to the local linux user group "LinuxLudus". By this
interaction has borned a base linux course where the first lession
(14/01/2008) was "DebianEdu installation".
Once the room will get wired, we would like at least to add same thinclients.
The original idea was to have a gigabit network, a good enought server
to serve 11 diskless workstation and same thin clients but the local
administration didn't follow our iformations when has ordered the new
hardware.
Let see the future improvment of this small elemtary school that we
hope will be taken as example for others.