[LTP] LTP and commit e1d7ba8735551ed7 ("time: Always make sure wall_to_monotonic isn't positive")

Mark Rutland mark.rutland@arm.com
Mon Sep 14 15:46:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

While testing v4.3-rc1 with the LTP, we spotted failures in a couple of
timekeeping tests, which seem to be a result of commit e1d7ba8735551ed7
("time: Always make sure wall_to_monotonic isn't positive").

In both cases this is because the new time would be before the boot
time, so I guess these are covered by the caveat at the end of the
commit message.

settimeofday01 [1] tries tries to settimeofday() with a timeval 100s and
100ns, while clock_gettime02 [2] tries to clock_settime to 1s and
100ns. Neither expect -EINVAL, and report failure with the new
behaviour.

While I don't know that any "real" software is affected, I thought I
should let you know.

Thanks,
Mark.

[1] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/20150903/testcases/kernel/syscalls/settimeofday/settimeofday01.c