[LTP] Issue with the reporting of failed tests

Mason slash.tmp@free.fr
Thu Apr 21 17:42:38 CEST 2016

On 21/04/2016 17:30, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
>> Calling fflush does appear to solve the problem:
>>
>> # grep -c FAIL result-log.5160
>> 38
>>
>> # wc -l result-failed.5160
>> 38 result-failed.5160
>>
>> Does this mean no one ever reads FAILCMDFILE?!
>
> Just to have complete image here. I've discussed this a bit more at #ltp
> irc channel and the reason why we do not see this bug often is that the
> exec() that is done by the child after pan forks must fail (for example
> since bash is missing) then the code proceeds to exit(errno) line which
> flushes the buffers on open files...

Note: in my latest LTP run, I disabled memory overcommit, and pan
failed to launch several tests:

pan(5163): fork failed (tag proc01).  errno:12  Cannot allocate memory
pan(5163): fork failed (tag fs_racer).  errno:12  Cannot allocate memory
pan(5163): fork failed (tag quota_remount_test01).  errno:12  Cannot allocate memory
pan(5163): fork failed (tag isofs).  errno:12  Cannot allocate memory
pan(5163): fork failed (tag fs_perms01).  errno:12  Cannot allocate memory
[747 similar lines]

/tmp is a ramfs. Maybe something fills it up...

Regards.