[LTP] Invoking networking tests

Alexey Kodanev alexey.kodanev@oracle.com
Mon Dec 12 12:52:20 CET 2016

Hi Petr,

On 12/08/2016 08:32 PM, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> thanks for info!
>
>> Please also see the recent patch:
>> 5f8ca6c ("network: test_net.sh: allow to run network tests on a single
>> machine")
> Noticed, I was waiting for pushing it to master :-). Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
>
> Can it be "dangerous" to run tests "natively", i.e. without ltp-pan? It'd be run by
> automation (no cancel ctrl+c), so cleanup children is unlike.

I think it depends on automation and how far it controls started process.

Besides, converted to latest LTP API tests much safer in terms of per
test lockups because
they have a test timeout there. As far as I know there is no such
feature in new shell library
yet (tst_test.sh). It seems that it would be a good thing to have a
timeout option in tst_rod() too.

Thanks,
Alexey