[LTP] Test library API changes

Jan Stancek jstancek@redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 14:01:36 CET 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

1) https://github.com/metan-ucw/ltp/blob/master/include/tst_test.h#L65
I did like there is option for test_all(). One concern I had was
that forcing everybody to use test(int) was too restrictive.
For example, you want to pass more parameters than just testcase #.
Also not all tests follow "static struct tcase {" idiom, with single
test function that is fed different arguments. I think test_all()
gives us more flexibility. I was also thinking if library should
care about "tcnt".

2) https://github.com/metan-ucw/ltp/blob/master/lib/tst_test.c#L218-L219
This also looks more strict requirement than what we had until now.
It requires to count exactly how many PASS/FAIL there are.
Is extra PASS or SKIP message a reason to fail the test with brk?

3) cleanup and children
I know, it's a proof of concept :-).

4) After first reading, I'm not sure I have clear picture of changes in API.
>From what I gathered these are main changes:
  test.h -> tst_test.h
  tst_resm -> tst_res
  tst_brkm -> tst_brk
  safe_macros.h -> tst_safe_macros.h (now included via tst_test.h)

Did I miss anything?

Regards,
Jan