[LTP] LTP release

Jan Stancek jstancek@redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 12:16:28 CET 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

I did compile + run test (with subset of runtest files) on
RHEL5.6/RHEL6.2/6.7/7.2 (i386/x86_64/ppc64/s390x), which worked
OK with one exception below.

One issue I keep hitting is oom0X hang [1], but since it's there for
months we don't need to hold release for that (I don't have any
tested patch yet).

What I'm thinking is to introduce a parameter to control how many threads
we allow to race towards OOM. At the moment it's NCPU-1, which appears
to be too stressful for regular runtest files. It hangs kernels from
3.10 up to 4.4 and there's no fix atm.

[1] http://lists.linux.it/pipermail/ltp/2016-January/000807.html

> Can we do the release on Monday or Tuesday?

Fine by me.

Regards,
Jan