[LTP] [LTP-20160510] acl_test01: 44: .: test.sh: not found

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Jun 13 17:46:32 CEST 2016

Hi!
> > Andreas, please at least CC ltp ML (ltp@lists.linux.it) with patches for
> > LTP testcases, otherwise I cannot apply them.
>
> here's the fix again; it at least makes the test work on 4.5 and later kernels.

Applied with your signed-of-by.

> > And if you think that testcase is useless or plain wrong just provide
> > reasoning why and I will get rid of it.
>
> The test seems rather weird. Tu check for (the lack of) "user.*"
> support, it should at least use a "user.*" xattr name that would be
> valid on ther filesystems (any non-empty suffix would do). Likewise
> for system; it could check for "system.posix_acl_access" support, for
> example, but only checking if invalid names are properly rejected
> isn't all that helpful. I don't know what the real idea behind this
> test case was though; the documentation doesn't say much.

Sounds reasonably to me. Feel free to submit a patch that would change
the attrbutes to a valid values.

Also CCing Alexey who seems to be the original author of the test (at
least git log says so).