[LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases

Julio Cruz Barroso julio.cruz@smartmatic.com
Fri Mar 11 14:35:25 CET 2016

Hi Jan, Cyril,

I will comment below separately.

I follow your suggestion to use the latest LTP (20160126) and after testing in the four platform, the results are better. In fact, the results show 373 cases more and 537 with configuration error versus 192 in previous release.

-----------------
Specifically, to Jan comments:

> I'm assuming that is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());", I'd guess a kernel bug.
> Do you have a chance to try perf record/stat and see if that triggers it too.

Yes, you are right. Is "WARN_ON(!irqs_disabled());". By default, the system not contain 'perf' command but after installing it, I tried as below:

$ perf record -a -F 1000 sleep 5
$ perf stat sleep 5
$ perf report

Those commands not trigger the WARNING. I'm not a user of perf (yet) and I'm not sure is this is what you suggested to check. Please, can you confirm?

BTW, in the latest 4.4, this function is not in 'core.c' anymore.

> Don't have much experience with this test, but it looks like it relies on group 'wheel' or 'trusted' to be present, and in your case it's not:
>  usermod: group 'trusted' does not exist

Yes, the user 'trusted' is not defined in '/etc/group'. I assume this is a false negative. Again, thanks to confirm also the others issues and take a look at the details results.

-----------------
Specifically, to Cyril comments:

> The fanotify06 failure is likely kernel bug fixed in:

After to use the latest LTP, this error disappear. The test is marked as PASS with TCONF. But the others test cases: fanotify01, fanotify02 and fanotify04 are marked as FAIL with the message "Fanotify is not configured in this kernel.". I don't understand why with this message, is still marked as fail? [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s5c3]. Thanks for looking at this issue and give the details of bug solution. Appreciated.

-----------------
All,

Some new issues show up with the latest LTP (20160126) in the 3.14.61 kernel in iMX6 SOC (Solo, DualLite, Dual and Quad), as below:

- pwritev01_64. "TFAIL  :  pwritev01.c:114: Buffer wrong at 0 have 00 expected 61". Fail in the four architectures. Any suggestion? [please, refer details to https://justpaste.it/s59m]
- readahead02. Sometimes PASS and sometimes FAIL. When fail, show a TCONF and later TWARM. [https://justpaste.it/s4zk]
- ar. When is executed alone, the test PASS. But when is performed with the others, the results show FAIL. [PASS alone: https://justpaste.it/s50x
FAIL with all: https://justpaste.it/s510]
- file. The log show many things and one is "file09 9 TBROK : ltpapicmd.c:138: rpm command broke.". Not sure if this is really a FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s51w]
- which01. Its seems Busybox not support many options used in this test.
- cpuhotplug04. This test try to affect the first core and the system is running on it. That's is possible? [https://justpaste.it/s52s]
- getaddrinfo_01. Adding "127.0.0.1  machine" to '/etc/hosts' solved one issue but still present another: "getaddrinfo_01    2  TFAIL  :  getaddrinfo_01.c:577: getaddrinfo IPv6 basic lookup ("emad") returns -2 ("Name or service not known")"

Two thing that catches my attention, has to do with: 1) the results in HTML and 2) the machine hang during the testing.

1) results in HTML. The file "results.log" said (for example) 'cron_deny01' FAIL, but the file "results.html" show green color. This apply for others test cases also. This could be a known issue or I'm missing something?
2) machine hang. I saw this many times, but is the first time I take attention. The latest test case according with the file 'results.fulllog' show the  'dma_thread_diotest7' as failure. After that, the file is corrupted with 'NUL NUL...'. The second time show similar results. In different board occurred this issue. However, if the same test is performed alone (after reboot the machine) there is not hang and the results show FAIL. Any suggestion to affront this kind of problems (hang)?

Others general questions are:

- About setup of the test set. Once all the NAB (not a bug) are defined, can I omit those test cases from the test set?
- Reliability. For now, I run the test without stress (i.e. -m, -D options), but I would like to use those option once the 'hang' problem is solved. Any other suggestion to add 'confidence' to the results? Basically, to certify the system is OK.

For your reference, the test results (including the FAIL) are at https://justpaste.it/s5bf. The test was performed using the following configurations:

- iMX6 Solo; 1x ARM Cortex-A9, 512MB RAM (2x256MB)
- iMX6 DualLite; 2x ARM Cortex-A9, 512MB RAM (2x256MB)
- iMX6 Dual; 2x ARM Cortex-A9, 1G RAM (4x256MB)
- iMX6 Quad; 4x ARM Cortex-A9, 2G RAM (4x512MB)

Thanks again for your feedback,

Julio