[LTP] Question about perf_event_open/Cap_bounds/su01 test cases

Julio Cruz Barroso julio.cruz@smartmatic.com
Sat Mar 12 13:01:33 CET 2016

Hi Jan,

Thanks again for the valuable suggestions. Some tests were fixed!

Please, find below answers to your questions:

> Is it only pwritev01_64 that fails? Is pwritev01 passing?
> I don't see anything suspicious in testcase and it works fine on > x86_64.
> My first guess would be some alignment problem, because first 2 > tests with offset 0 PASSed. I'd try different values for > "CHUNK", e.g. 512, 1024, 4096, 8192.
> Also running testcase via strace could bring some additional > data.

Yes, only pwritev01_64 fail. The log show pwrite01, pwrite02, pwrite04, pwrite01_64, pwrite02_64, pwrite04_64 and pwritev01 as PASS.
Trying with CHUNK=512 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61j]
Trying with CHUNK=1024 the result show FAIL [https://justpaste.it/s61p]
Trying with 1024, 2048, 4096 and 8192 show FAIL.
Running the test with strace show this results: https://justpaste.it/s61q
strace show offset equal to zero (0). This is a bug?

> readahead doesn't seem to have any effect on your system.
> max readahead size has been changed recently, but I think your > kernel is older:  https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/24/344

I update to read ahead in chunks of 2M, 1M and 512K. But same results: FAIL
If the test is run as "root@emad:/opt/ltp# ./testcases/bin/readahead02", the test always fail and run very fast
If the test is run as "cd / ; cd /opt/ltp ; rm -r tmp ; rm -r output ; mkdir tmp ; chmod 777 tmp ; ./runltp -p -d /opt/ltp/tmp -s readahead02", the test take more time and PASS
What is your suggestion when the test show differences results (running as: 1) XX, 2) runltp -s XX, 3) runltp)?

> /opt/ltp/testcases/bin/file_test.sh: line 556: rpmbuild: command > not found test assumes that if you have "rpm", you have also > "rpmbuild", which doesn't seem to be true in your case

I remove "RPM" and the issue is gone.
There is still an issue, but is related with busybox format (with 'unzip' test)

> How many CPUs do you have? Can you run:
> ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/online

I have four (4) different machines, as below (please, refer to picture at http://i68.tinypic.com/33ej1jr.jpg):

Machine 1: 1 CPU
Machine 2: 2 CPU
Machine 3: 2 CPU
Machine 4: 4 CPU

That solve the issue! [https://justpaste.it/s64l]. For others reference, the "::1"  is the ipv6 notation of 127.0.0.1.

> Attach serial console, so you can get more data from kernel messages.
> If it also crashes, then kdump would work too, but I'm not sure your system supports it.
> Other than that, maybe add sync to your runtest file after each > test.
> If you have suspicion about specific test, remove it from > runtest file and see if it still hangs.

For next test, I will save the console in a file for post-review
About adding 'sync' after each test, you mean this:

abort01 abort01 sync
accept01 accept01 sync
accept4_01 accept4_01 sync

May we have another approach about the 'sync' command? There is too many test cases to add this command.

> Ideal would be to fix those tests, so they can run and terminate > with TCONF.
> If you can fix some, feel free to send a patch to this list.

Yes, that will be better. Once I get a solution for these issues, I will send a patch!

Thanks and regards,

Julio