[LTP] [RFC] Cleanup of tools/ directory

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Nov 14 15:05:04 CET 2016

Hi!
I've stumbled upon the tools/ directory and there is quite a lot of
broken code that is not really useful for anything.

The Makefile skips netpipe*, pounder21 and top-LTP directories. Apart
from automatic changes nobody touched the top-LTP and netpipe* code for
more than six years, so I would say that it's safe enough to remove
these. The pounder21 had some fixes that looks like somebody is using
that so I guess that we should keep it.

Then there are files that looks like they could be removed as well:

* STPfailure_report.pl - most likely no change since 2004, looks useless o me

* ltp_master, ltp_check, README, ltpoutput*
  - remnants of some automated framework that used ltprun script that
    used runalltests.sh script, I will remove these since there is no
    reason to keep them now

In short has anybody anything agains removal of netpipe*, top-LTP,
STPfailure_report.pl, ltp_master, ltp_check, README, and ltpoutput* from
the tools/ directory?