[LTP] MD-RAID: Use seq_putc() in three status functions?

SF Markus Elfring elfring@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 17 16:30:43 CEST 2016

>> Am I the only software developer so far who would dare to reconsider
>> implementation details from three status functions?
>>
> No.

Thanks for this kind of promising feedback.

> But we're waiting for you showing is that it is an improvement.

Can this aspect also be clarified to some degree from a logical point of view?

* Would you really like to know under which circumstances data processing
  will be faster for a single character instead of using a string pointer
  and corresponding two characters?

* Do you care for a changed memory allocation characteristic?

* Will it occasionally be useful to avoid the storage for another string literal?

Regards,
Markus