[LTP] IPsec DCCP stress tests: udp6_ipsec_vti[01]*, icmp4-uni-vti17: too big message size

Alexey Kodanev alexey.kodanev@oracle.com
Wed Dec 6 08:44:19 CET 2017

On 12/04/2017 06:00 PM, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> I found IPsec DCCP stress tests I've found that udp6_ipsec_vti[01]* tests have too big
> message size 65527.

Hi Petr,

Interesting, I'm using 9000 mtu on the underlying device and
it works fine (vti6 always sets 1500). I see that we not
adjusting mtu on the newly created vti device, it should be
less than output device but right now it's the same.

> And icmp4-uni-vti17 has too big message size 1500.

New test-case... I thought after compression it won't fragment
this, but ipcomp works after vti fragments icmp packets, so we
should lower the size (current ip_vti mtu is 1332).

I'll prepare the patches.

> I tested it on several distros and got the same result. Should we lower / delete the value?
>
> I also think that tst_ipsec_setup_vti() (in ipsec_lib.sh) should has trap to int:
> trap "tst_brkm TBROK 'test interrupted'" INT

Yes, we could add it to the library.

Thanks,
Alexey