[LTP] LTP Test cases Details

Richard Palethorpe rpalethorpe@suse.de
Tue Jul 25 10:17:08 CEST 2017

Hello Khushboo,

khushbu sharma writes:

> Hi,
>     I am looking for some testing tool to test security of my Linux system.
> In the source code of LTP i can see security related test cases in
> "ltp/testcases/kernel/security/" directory.
> Before using LTP testcases to test security of my system, I want to get
> some details regarding these testcases e.g. what kind of security features
> are these TC testing.
>
> Unfortunately i cannot find any kind of documentation online which have
> details for LTP testcases.
>
> Can anyone from this list share with me some documents or link having
> details of LTP test cases?
>
> Thanks
> Khushboo Sharma

Some of the testcases in kernel/security (e.g. tomoyo) have a README
file, the others might have comments in the code. Generally the tests in
kernel/security test security features while the tests in testcases/cve
test for specific vulnerabilities which have been given CVE number. Each
CVE should be documented in the test code.

--
Thank you,
Richard.